- What information do we gather about you?
Company collects information from you in several ways from different parts of our Sites. The information gathered when you interact with our Sites and services falls into two categories: (1) “personal” information, which includes, but is not limited to, the information you supply when you purchase a product on a Site, subscribe to a Site, and complete or enter any forms, promotions, or messages through a Site; and (2) non-personal information which is collected through technology, such as tracking information collected by us and third parties.
Personal Information That You Provide Us
- Purchase and Subscription Information. When you purchase a Product on or subscribe to a Site, you will provide certain personal information, including your name, a unique email address, a physical mailing address, telephone and facsimile numbers, or demographic information, including, but not limited to, your birthday.
- Billing and Credit Card Information. Please note that we collect and store your name, an email address, physical mailing address, telephone number, credit card information, and other billing information to enable payment via our Sites. This information will only be shared with third parties who help to complete the purchase transaction.
- Special Offers. Company may collect personal information from you when you participate in any special offers (or contests and sweepstakes, if any). If this information is also being collected by a third party other than Company, we will notify you at the same time. If you do not want any personal information shared, you should not participate in the sweepstakes, contest, or special offers.
Non-Personal Information Collected Using Technology
- Information Collected by Us Using Technology. Company uses various Internet technologies to manage the services of our Sites and track the use of our services. Non-personal information that we collect using these technologies may be combined with other information about you.
- Device Information. We may collect non-personal information about the computer, mobile device, or other device you use to access our Sites or services, including, but not limited to, your IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information.
- Cookies and Other Similar Technologies. A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. We use “cookies” as they help us provide faster and more accurate services by allowing our computers to readily identify your computer as an authorized user (among other details). You may not be able to access certain areas of our Sites if your computer does not accept cookies from us. We may also transmit non-personally identifiable website usage information to third parties in order to display advertising for Company when you visit other websites.
- Analytics, Log Files, and Reading History. Company will gather certain information automatically that will be stored in log files (like most other websites). This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses (the region or general location where your computer or device is accessing the Internet), browser type, operating system, and other usage information about the use of our Sites, including a history of the pages you view. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. This is done so that we may improve the services we offer you. We may also engage third parties to provide us information, reports, and analysis about the usage, browsing patterns of our users who may independently record the type of device and operating system you are using as well as other general location information.
- What do we do with the information we gather about you?
- Provide the Services You Request. We use the information we gather about you to enable your use of our Sites and fulfill your requests for certain products and services.
- Statistical Analysis. We may perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analysis of the users of our services and their subscriptions and purchases. This enables us to provide this information to advertisers for analysis purposes including ways to improve our customer relationships.
- Relevant Advertising. We may use the information that we collect through advertising on our Sites to be targeted to the users for whom they are most pertinent. This means users see advertising that is most likely to interest them, and advertisers send their messages to people who are most likely to be receptive, improving both the viewer’s experience and the effectiveness of the ads. We disclose information to third parties only in aggregate or impersonal form.
- Email Newsletters. Company may periodically send you email newsletters or promotional email about services offered by Company and its advertisers.
- With whom do we share the information that we gather?
- Within Company. If you have registered to use our services or have purchased products through our website, we will not sell, rent, swap, or authorize any third party to use your email address without your permission. In the future, we may sell, buy, merge, or partner with other companies or businesses. In such transactions, we may include your information among the transferred assets.
- Service Providers. We contract with other companies to provide services on our behalf, including credit-card and billing processing, ad serving, shipping, email distribution, list processing, and analytics or promotion management. We provide these companies only with the information they need to perform their services. These service providers are restricted from using personal information in any other way than to provide services for Company, and they may not share, resell, or use the data for their own direct marketing purposes. We reserve the right to disclose your opt-out information to third parties so they can suppress your name from future solicitors, in accordance with applicable laws.
- Are there links to third-party websites?
- We may include links on our Sites for your use and reference. We are not responsible for the privacy policies on these websites. You should be aware that the privacy policies of these websites may differ from our own.
- What is your email policy? We will not send you marketing messages if you have opted out. You can choose not to receive messages in the future by following the “unsubscribe” instructions located near the bottom of each email. We will not share, sell, rent, swap, or authorize any third party to use your email address for commercial purposes without your permission. Company may offer email newsletters. If you no longer wish to receive a specific newsletter, follow the “unsubscribe” instructions located near the bottom of each newsletter. If you send us an email, we will use your email address to respond directly to your questions or comments.
- How do I change or update my personal information? You may change or update your personal information on the “Customer Information” page on the Site when purchasing a product or by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Is my information protected? To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place commercially reasonable physical, technical, and administrative controls to protect the information. Please note that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
- Other Information.
- Compliance With Legal Process. We may access, preserve, and disclose personal information if we are required to do so by law or we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with the law or with legal process; (ii) protect and defend our rights and property; (iii) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our services; or (iv) protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public (among other things, this means that if you provide false information or attempt to pose as someone else, information about you may be disclosed as part of any investigation into your actions).
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under the California “Shine The Light” law (CA Civil Code § 1798.83), California residents may opt out of our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. It is important to note that this opt-out does not prohibit disclosures made for non-marketing purposes. California law also permits customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those third parties. Please direct all such requests in writing to the below address, or by email to email@example.com.
c/o Compliance Officer
1230 Rosecrans Ave., Suite ____
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information
To the extent that Company’s processing of your personal data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Company relies on its legitimate interests, described above, to process your data. Company may also process other information that constitutes your personal data for direct marketing purposes and you have a right to object to Company’s use of such personal data for this purpose at any time. The term “personal data” as used in in this Section 10 refers to information associated with an identified or identifiable natural person that is protected as personal data under applicable data protection law.
Subject to applicable law, you may the right to (i) restrict Company’s use of information that constitutes your personal data and (ii) lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and believe we maintain your personal data within the scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct questions or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Changes to This Policy